Thursday, August 25, 2011

{Party Recap} Ooh La La Spa

It has been quite a while since this event occurred, but I wanted to finally share photos of the Ooh La La Spa party I hosted at Cannonsburg Elementary School this past Spring. 
A friend of mine from high school was an extraordinary 3rd grade teacher at the Rockford, MI elementary school.  I am sure that she is just as extraordinary at her new school in Wyoming :) .  Each year, the teachers at Cannonsburg go the extra mile and create "teacher experiences" to put up for auction for parents to bid on, with the money going towards the school.  Such experiences include: Principal for the Day, Lunch with a Teacher, etc.  I teamed up with Ms. Koster to auction off one of my spa parties.  The winning child got to invite a group of her friends for an after school event held in the Teacher's Lounge.

The girls were treated to manicures and facials by Ms. Koster and myself.  The girls relaxed on the couches and read tween magazines and enjoyed cupcakes and kiddie cocktails (sprite with maraschino cherries).  For a craft, the girls created their own shimmer lotions, choosing the color, scent, and shimmer.  In addition to the lotion, the girls took home goody bags filled with manicure kits and sleep masks. 

Thanks to Ms. Koster (or Erika, as I know her) for letting me be a part of this fun event to raise money for their school.  I had a great time getting to know all the girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment