Wednesday, July 6, 2011

When Life Hands You Lemons, Make Lemonade!

Anytime I see a a group of kids manning a lemonade stand, I have to go over and buy a cup.  Not because the lemonade is good, though.  I know that it is going to be pretty bad most of the time.  It is because it reminds me of my childhood.  My sister Brooke and friends Sunny, Cora and I were always up to something growing up on Jekyll Island, GA.  One of our most fun (and profitable!) adventures was selling lemonade near the beach.  We would load up our bikes with all our gear and set up at a popular intersection.  It was pretty amazing how many tourists would stop to buy a cup from the adorable little girls.  LOL 

My daughters have been asking to hold their own lemonade stand this summer, so I have been looking on the internet for some inspiration.  Take a look at these beautiful setups!

This simple but elegant setup from One Charming Party uses wooden crates ziptied together instead of a table.  Check out the other photos and tips to recreating this HERE

This beautiful lemonade stand play date is created by Paper & Cake and featured on Hostess with the Mostess.  Printables really add flair to the homemade baked goods.  Paper Pinwheels and paper chain garland decorate the simple black table.  Check out all the great photos HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment